How can I win a security tender?
With a broad range of services comes a high volume of opportunities within the security industry. This also presents a lot of competition, making tendering for security contracts quite challenging.
That's why it is important to evidence and thoroughly explain the solution your business can provide. In our experience, we have generally found the following helps to win a security tender:
- You should show how robust your recruitment and vetting procedures are. Including an aspect of social value in here (as discussed below) would also be worthwhile.
- Effective monitoring and supervision of operatives should also be considered. This should be in-line with how you measure and report on performance overall and how your team play a critical role in this.
- Social value is increasingly important across all public sector tenders, including security tenders, therefore you should demonstrate the positive impact you could have both on the contract and in the wider community longer-term. This should also how you services can have a positive effect on driving efficiencies and cost savings.
- With the increasing and evolving risks to businesses and properties across the UK, many buyers will be looking for innovation, particularly in how you can respond to issues timely and professionally, mitigating and planning for any scenario.
- Continuous training can help support with the point above and should be discussed to evidence the skills and accreditations your business and team have to be equipped and confident in their approach to respond to security challenges.
Get bid support