Hinkley Point C – Who won the work?
Contractors have been announced as part of the newly-approved £18billion
nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C in Somerset.
It has been confirmed that the first electricity is due to be produced by Hinkley Point C in 2025 and so the project is now moving forward. Most of the main construction suppliers are being procured in France, with the main civils work contract, valued in excess of £2billion, being awarded to French-led joint venture Bouygues TP/Laing O’Rourke Joint Venture (BYLOR).
Other involved parties include Kier BAM Nuttall, who will carry out the £203million earthworks contract and Costain, who are due to design and build the water cooling systems at a contract value of £200million. Express Reinforcements has been awarded the £100million contracts to supply BYLOR with 200,000 tonnes of reinforcing steel. Premier Interlink have been announced as the final main contractors, who will supply 38,000m² of prefab site accommodation at a contract value of £40million.
Other contractors involved include:
- Cavendish Boccard Nuclear (JV) comprising of Cavendish Nuclear and France's Boccard – mechanical pipework and equipment installation
- ACTAN (JV) comprising of Doosan Babcock and French firms Axima Concept and Tunzini Nucleaire – heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Laing O’Rourke – construction of workers’ campus accommodation
- ABB UK – power transmission
- Premier Interlink WACO UK – construction of temporary buildings
- Weir – large pumps for cooling water
- Clyde Union – main pumps for feedwater system and cooling water system.
- Somerset Infrastructure Alliance (Skanska/RK Bell/Forest Traffic Services) – site infrastructure services including site road maintenance, landscaping, signage and fencing
- COMA (Wessex Water/RM Utilities/Hydroline Solutions/MMES 2012/Boultings Group) – construction utilities including electrical networks across the site and support services
- Somerset Larder (six Somerset food producers) – catering
- HOST (four Somerset companies) – workers’ campus accommodation management
- Somerset Passenger Solutions (two Somerset companies) – transporting workers by bus
Read the article here
Viewed as a vital milestone in the government’s climate change policies, Hinkley Point C will also present substantial contract and supply chain opportunities for businesses looking to become involved in this landmark project.
Thornton & Lowe has an enviable track record guiding our clients to success with contract and supply chain opportunities across 125 sectors
since 2009. Our highly-skilled in-house bid team provide a complete range of bid management services, supporting our clients to bid for and win public and private sector contracts.
For further information on the services provided by Thornton & Lowe, or to discuss your organisation’s specific requirements, please do not hesitate to contact our head office on 01204 238 046
or email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org/