Careers at Thornton & Lowe
Thornton & Lowe is continually looking for new bid professionals for our own team, as well as for our Bid Resource, our specialist bid recruitment agency. We operate our bid writing consultancy division from our two permanent offices in Bolton & Fife.
We are always open to receiving CV's from Bid Writer/Managers who are looking to further develop their skills and career within Bid Management.
Any applications can be made to email@example.com
Thornton & Lowe are a leading national Bid Management Consultancy enjoying continued growth and success. We now have an exciting opportunity for experienced Bid Writers to assist in the future growth of the business. You will be required to provide a broad range of bid writing support from initial kick-off to final submission and feedback for Thornton & Lowe’s clients and team. You will join a strong existing team working closely with the Group Bid Manager, Senior Bid Writer, Bid Writers and Associates.
Predominantly office based in our Bolton Head Office, you will also be required to work flexibly to meet operational requirements including attending networking, training, client meetings, team meetings and other events, as required.
The job role includes the following key responsibilities and duties:
- Drafting, reviewing and writing creative and persuasive tender content.
- Building effective working relationships and communicating with clients, their teams and internal customers.
- Supporting the development of bid strategy including storyboarding, identifying USPs and win themes.
- Completing bid planning documents including bid summaries, project plans, gap analysis and other documents.
- Researching and summarising markets, competitors and other bid related topics. Ensuring compliance with all internal and external bid requirements including Thornton & Lowe House Style. Reviewing and improving client collateral; providing feedback and advising clients on how to maximise their chances of bid success.
- Submitting and uploading PQQs, tenders and other supporting information. Monitoring daily tender opportunities and portal notifications. Maintaining and updating the Tender Library and corporate filing systems.
- Providing bid administration support and maintaining accurate records.
Ideally, you will be educated to NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Have at least between 1 – 5 years’ experience of bid writing within a similar business to business or sales environment.
- Have an understanding of procurement and the bid writing process. Be able to think creatively and use your initiative.
- Possesses excellent communication, English Language and proofreading skills.
- Ability to project manage, to work under pressure and deliver documents of an exceptionally high standard, while working towards challenging deadlines.
- Ability to develop rapport and build close working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic Apprentice to join our team. The Apprentice's responsibilities include learning and developing practical skills, participating in classes and workshops on and offsite, observing all health and safety codes, completing tests and assignments, as well as delivering presentations to staff and other stakeholders. You should be well-organised, flexible, and willing to assist wherever possible.
To be successful as an Apprentice, you must have great time management skills and be willing to fit into the existing staff structure. Outstanding Apprentices are those who respond well to criticism, build good relationships with colleagues, and ultimately make a lasting impression.