Requirement Specific Questions
Purpose: These questions will be added by the Buyer and will be specific to the contract which you are bidding for.
Key questions for the Buyer:
This will depend completely on the questions being asked by the Buyer, but it is a chance for the Buyer to ask for some pertinent information from you which may be crucial to the good, works or services being delivered. Therefore they will be looking to see how highly you score against these questions in terms of meeting the requirements of the contract.
This is down to the Buyer to decide and will be stated within the question text. The questions will typically be given a weighted scoring, but the Buyer may set a minimum level which you must score out of the total to Pass.
Information typically requested:
This list is not exhaustive but gives you some examples of additional information which may be requested over and above the standard pre qualification questions:
- Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) checks for members of staff – particularly if the contract involves children or vulnerable adults.
- As a minimum standard for most care contracts, evidence of your organisation’s registration with the Care Quality Commission (for contracts relating to Adult’s services) or Ofsted (for contracts relating to Children’s services).
- Copies of your policies on Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults.
- Evidence of Partnership working.
- Evidence of any products/services your organisation offers which are covered by Eco-Labelling Schemes.
- Membership of Constructionline, or Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
- Food Safety Management policy (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP))
- Policies regarding Genetically Modified food, approach to allergies and special diets, food additives, flavourings and colourings, Organic and Fair-Trade products.
- Policy relating to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Further information on recruitment and selection, training and development and evidence of continued professional development.
- Identification of any potential conflicts of interest that may arise in the light of other current or previous projects.