Upcoming Events › Funding Bid course
Events Search and Views Navigation
Funding Bid course
- No matching events listed under Funding Bid course. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
1 Day Workshop
Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Value, Sustainability? These are often words that can create uncertainty or are normally only associated with large multi-national organisations. It is no surprise that there is an ISO for Social Responsibility – ISO 26000.
Why is Corporate Social Responsibility so important?
Most recently, we are seeing more and more emphasis placed on CSR and it has been featuring within bids and tenders that are released currently. Don’t believe us? What if we told you that most recently we actually had one buyer releasing a tender, where they placed a minimum of 10% of the overall score of the bid on this very area!
Corporate social responsibility most certainly is not a new thing, it has been around for a while but we are just seeing more involvement with it recently because it is of importance and it does impact every size of organisation. We work on hundreds of bids each year and we wouldn’t be at all surprised if we saw this becoming the norm across the Country.
What Next Steps Can I Take to Stay Up-to-date With CSR?
We have worked closely with our own expert in Corporate Social Responsibility to provide you with the guidance and tools to help develop, improve and maintain your own approach.
The Corporate Social Value and Bidding (CSR) 1-day workshop covers the following areas:
CSR/Social Value explained
- Introduction to CSR/Social Value – what does it mean, why is it important and why should we care or put so much time into it?
- What does it mean to your business – how will it affect or have any impact on my business? how will it be applied in terms values/ethics/brand/objectives/commerciality/beliefs/morals
- How can you tailor CSR/Social Value agenda to your to align with your business
Understanding your own CSR/Social Value
- Starting small – understanding how to map current activity, record it and report it
- Benchmarking – what are the people that matter doing, such as your customers, competitors and industry leaders?
- Sustainability – every business should have a green agenda; climate change is a risk to all of us, but how much of a risk and what we can do is the big question
- Setting the strategy – how to get from good to great; the shift from doing the basics to being strategic about doing good
- Engagement – how to get EVERYONE involved, from the CEO to the cleaner, customer to supply chain
- Reporting – the importance of robust recording and using your data
Looking beyond your organisation
- Who can help – creating strategic partnerships with external groups, such as charities, community groups, education providers and sports bodies. Who is the best fit for your business and how to manage the relationship?
CSR/Social Value in your tenders
- Alignment – when completing bids and tenders how to align all your CSR/Social Value to the questions and the customer
- Keeping it real – how easy it is for someone with good CSR/Social Value experience to see right through a bid submission relating to CSR/Social Value that is all talk and no trousers . . . don’t just say you do it – do it
- Feedback – the importance of obtaining feedback on your CSR/Social Value section to understand how to evolve your CSR/Social Value strategy and delivery
To book a place on to one of the courses select the most appropriate date below.
What they said
Sarah Buckley, Marketing Executive – Shay Murtagh Precast
* Please note: Course prices are exclusive of VAT *