Courses List Navigation
2 Day Workshop
This two-day workshop, combining industry best practice, our wealth of experience and input directly from buying organisations, will cover the following areas:
Day 1 – Preparing to win!
Understanding the public sector
- Understanding the public sector procurement process
- How to find suitable opportunities
Getting tender ready
- Identifying barriers to PQQ success
- A pathway to contract readiness
- Gaining experience when you can’t win contracts
The front end of the process
- Bid/no bid procedures and reporting
- Understanding bid requirements
- Developing a bid strategy
- The importance of relationships
- Social value
The back end of bidding process
- Colour reviews
- Feedback and Freedom of Information
Day 2 – Writing your bid!
Understanding the Buyer
- What buyers want – looking at how they assess and evaluate your submissions
- Where to start – when the PQQ or tender arrives; what do we need to do before writing
- Getting the story right – win themes and storyboarding
- Structure – ensuring compliance and added value
- Benefit before the feature – getting the right message across at the right time
- Referencing the specification – tailoring your response to the requirement
- The importance of ‘bid reviews’ – ensuring accuracy, compliance and consistency
- Keep it clear, concise and easy to read
- Use of flow diagrams, images and colour
- Best use of supporting documents
Who Should Attend The Two-day Workshop?
Our training is open to anyone at any level within your organisation, who is involved in the tender process and who is looking to improve your company’s success rate. Attendees may also want to brush up on their bid-writing skills and discover what contracting authorities look for in a winning submission. Either way, our training will provide a great framework for you to build on in a friendly, hands-on learning environment.
This training course will earn you 7 CPD points.
What They Said
“I have really enjoyed the course and it was packed with relevant and useful content. Charles was an excellent trainer, highly knowledgeable and highly engaging, creating a great environment in which to learn”
Jo Barren, Director, Castus Solutions
* Please note: Course prices are exclusive of VAT *