HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
Consistent bid win rate in excess of 75% (excluding pricing). We are especially proud of this as often our clients will approach us as they are not win winning formal contract opportunities.
We have a directly employed team of 14 bid professionals, including Bid Managers, Senior Bid Writers, Bid Writers and Directors. This team ensures our clients receive consistent and high quality support.
Any PQQ, tender response or proposal we develop goes through our 3 tier quality assurance process before being returned to our clients for their assessment.
Our clients work with the same team each and every time and the result is a truly effective partnership.
For efficiency and bid continuity we developed our bespoke tendering software, Tender Library.
Thornton & Lowe is part of a family of businesses that has been specifically developed to provide our clients with a 360 degree solution when it comes to bidding and procurement:
- Thornton & Lowe – bid consultancy, bid writing, bid management, procurement
- Thornton & Lowe Training – bid writing training, bid management workshops, sector specific bid courses (e.g. Rail, NHS), PQQ training, EU procurement training
- Thinking to Success – reflective thinking and CPD consultancy and online portal
- Liber Resource Solutions – bid specialist recruitment, temporary and interim Bid Writers, Bid Managers, and Bid Directors.
We Practice What We Preach
We regularly bid and win the formally advertised tenders in our sector:
- Professional Services in Construction and Premises – Bid Writing (lot 4) (EU compliant – open to any public sector body)
- Co-investment Suppliers and Workshop Trainers for ‘tendering for contracts’ for the Business Growth Hub (Greater Manchester)
- Provision of SME bidding and tendering workshops, along with supporting businesses on a 1-2-1 basis (21 hours per client) focused on helping them grow through the formal tender process (Leeds Beckett University and Calderdale Business Growth Hub)
- Supplier Development Programme (SDP – Scotland) – we provide tendering and bid support to this partnership of Scottish Local Authorities and third sector organisations
- Business Gateway – providing specialised bid management services within Fife (2016 – 2019)
- Consultants for developing business cases, business plans and bid writing on the Professional Services Framework for CITB (Construction Industry Training Board)
- Bid Writers Panel for CPI (Centre for Process Innovation)
- Numerous NHS Bid Support frameworks (Bid Writers & Bid Managers)