Environmental Accreditations and Procedures
We provide everything from an Environmental Policy to a fully accredited ISO14001:2004 System and Manual. If you require this to start improving the processes of your business or if it is a requirement of a tender or pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) – Thornton & Lowe can help.
Environmental ISO14001 : 2004
We will evaluate the current business model to identify those actions required to establish a compliant Environmental Management System. This will encompass all the aspects of the international standard ISO14001:2004.
The introduction of certain elements may impact upon those established for the quality management system as there are common elements to both standards and these issues will be addressed.
Working closely with the customer, Thornton & Lowe will establish, manage and discharge the requisite responsibilities and actions necessary to maintain a compliant environmental management system.
Advantages of ISO 14001 : 2004
- Material savings through more complete product input processing, substitution, and recycling of by-products and waste
- Reduced energy consumption
- Reduced material storage costs
- Reduced costs for emissions, discharges, waste handling, transport and disposal
- Increased process yields
- Reduced insurance rates
- Reduced customer audits
- Reduced environmental liability
- Beneficial when tendering for contracts. This can often score you those additional required ‘marks’ to ensure you are shortlisted.