Construction

Thornton & Lowe has successfully supported numerous construction companies in their attempts to secure new contracts.

The building industry is vital to the UK’s economy and output across the sector is expected to soar in the coming years, presenting businesses with an ideal opportunity to get involved in some high-profile infrastructure projects. Competition for the very best contracts is fierce, which is why it is imperative that firms submit a clear, well-structured bid that covers all of the necessary legal requirements.

Many construction companies do not have the in-house expertise to create a detailed bid strategy, which is where the experts at Thornton & Lowe step in. Since our formation in 2009, we have put together one of the largest teams of bid professionals in the UK, and they are supported by an extensive network of trusted associates.

Our high client retention rates underline the fact that we are a highly-respected organisation that delivers results. By its very nature, the construction industry is broad and varied, and we understand that every building firm has different needs.

This is why we offer a wide range of services for our clients. They include:

  • Interim bid services on a contract-by-contract basis

We appreciate that some construction companies do not require help on every tender for contracts, but you should rest assured that we are always there when you need us. When a big contract is up for grabs, we can give you the best chance of launching a successful bid by providing an expert team to cover bid strategy, management, writing and coordination. As ever, we will offer support through every stage of the process, from EOI, PQQ, ITT and Presentation stage.

  • Contracted bid support

This gives building firms the opportunity to benefit from our services on a certain number of days per month. Again, we know that all companies operate differently, which is why we allow clients to “bank” days - allowing for greater flexibility.

  • Monitoring your internal bid team

Perhaps you already have an in-house bid team, but are they delivering maximum ROI? If you think your employees need some expert guidance, we are more than willing to lend a hand.

  • Honing your bid design

A lot of the time, we are asked to check bids to ensure they are clear and well presented. You would be surprised at just how many large building organisations that have been involved in some major projects in the past struggle to get their message across in a coherent way.

  • Building your own in-house bidding team

Thornton & Lowe can help you put together your very own bidding department. Having amassed so much experience in the industry, we know what it takes to be an accomplished bid professional and we can scrutinise CVs to ensure you are employing the right people.

  • Bespoke tender library software

A lot of time and effort went into developing our Thornton & Lowe Tender Library, so much so that we felt it would be a shame not to share it with our clients. The system can be tailored to suit a particular customer’s specifications, and ensures that bids have good flow, continuity and are as efficient as possible.

Are you planning to tender for construction work? Get in touch now

Around 60 per cent of our bid management work is with small and medium enterprises, with the remaining 40 per cent being made up by large corporations and public sector bodies. So, regardless of how big your business is, we can give you all the support you need to land lucrative projects.

Quick Contact Form

Please fill out this form and we will get back to you.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Contact Us

  • 01204 238046 (Bolton office)
  • 01334 208312 (Scotland office)
  • 0191 580 0636 (Sunderland office)
  • 0121 285 9895 (Birmingham office)
  • 0203 4752647 (London office)

Connect With Us

Contact Info

  • 40 Higher Bridge Street Bolton BL1 2HA
  • 6 Lady Wynd Cupar, Fife Scotland KY15 4DE
  • The Jewellery Business Centre 95 Spencer Street Birmingham B18 6DA
  • North Sands Business Centre Liberty Way, Sunderland Tyne and Wear SR6 0QA
CPDILM-logos

© Thornton & Lowe Ltd 2017.